The essence of architecture, painting and literature are brought together in this artistic masterpiece. The colourful richness of Miró’s style, with its black strokes and combinations of different tones, evokes Gaudí’s ceramic mosaics. A fusion, a journey that transports us to a polychrome world of vitality and unparalleled beauty.
Artika, in conjunction with Barcelona’s Miró Foundation and the Pilar & Joan Miró Foundation in Palma, are publishing this limited edition of 998 numbered copies, which represents a compilation of the complete set of 21 engravings Joan Miró produced in homage to the great genius Antoni Gaudí.
The specially-designed wooden box (reminiscent of the packaging used by museums for shipping valuable artworks) contains the Art Book, which has been bound in the form of a large sketching folder, and includes reproductions of the 21 engravings.
The black pages highlight the handwritten texts in broken white lettering, specially produced for this work by the academic Pere Gimferrer, who worked with his friend Joan Miró many years ago.
A Study Book explains and explores the prints and the texts to enable the reader to enjoy them even more. Written by leading specialists on the subject, the volume highlights the close links between three exceptional artists and the meaning of their creations.
This is a masterpiece that conjures up Gaudí’s world through works produced by Joan Miró that sprang from the most private, personal and exclusive side of his persona
- Pinewood box, previously heat-treated to prevent deformation
- Magnets inside the box ensure that the top remains securely closed
- Title of the work and artist’s name screen-printed on the top of the box
- Size: 56 x 76 x 8 cm
- Total weight of piece: 18.5 kg
- Text screen-printed on black poster board, and hand sewn with cotton thread
- 4 mm cardboard cover with corner fittings and spine reinforced with black cloth
- Number of pages: 96, with 21 facsimiles of drawings, die-cut and secured in the book with three drops of glue
- Format: 50 x 70 cm
- Printed in four colours on two types of paper
- Bound in hardback lined with black cloth with round spine
- Number of pages: 296
- Size: 27 x 37.5 cm