In conjunction with Artika, the Sorolla Museum Foundation has published this unique, exclusive work to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the birth of the grand master of light, and which is based on the main theme in his painting – his great passion, the sea.
The drawings are the main focus of El Mar de Sorolla (Sorolla’s Sea), and specifically the facsimile reproductions of 69 of the artist’s original drawings, produced in pencil, graphite, charcoal and chalk, and selected by the museum’s technical director, who chose them for their subject matter – the sea - and their great artistic value. They are presented in the Book of Art, a volume bound in cotton cloth and with an enlarged detail of the painting El balandrito (The Little Yacht) screenprinted on the cover.
In addition, the work includes the Study Book, a unique work that helps the reader to explore and understand the 69 drawings, their technique, meaning and context, as explained by some of the leading experts on the work of the Valencian painter, and which include the Director of the Museo Sorolla and the great grand-daughter of the artist.
And to top it all off, there is an Art Folder containing a reproduction of two drawings by the master artist: Pescadoras Barcelonesas(Barcelona fisherwomen) and Barca en la Playa (Boat on the Beach. These can be displayed, together with the books, in the eye-catching transparent case and display unit of this unique, limited, numbered and exclusive work.
- Two methacrylate plates joined by an iron sheet, and painted and oxidised to evoke the ocean
- Thickness of plates: 2.5 cm
- Weight of box when empty: 15.5 kg
- Size: 41 x 53 x 12.5 cm
- Printed in five colours, lavishly bound, and hand-sewn with cotton thread
- Cover lined with cotton cloth, printed in six colours
- Number of pages: 182
- 69 facsimiles of drawings, die-cut and affixed in the book with three drops of glue, plus five fold-out triptychs
- Size: 35.3 x 45.8 cm
- Printed in four colours, bound in paperback and sewn using double poster board, 350 g
- Printed lining on the cover in four colours, with plastic-coated protector
- Number of pages: 168
- Size: 35.3 x 45.8 cm
- 2 art plates printed in five colours with two protective diptychs
- Size: 35,3 x 45,8 cm