Mon Cher Théo
A unique, numbered and limited masterpiece that takes us into Van Gogh’s private world, where we can discover his thoughts, his dreams and his secrets. It represents a chance to see the work of the famous painter through his own eyes, just as the artist experienced and felt it himself.
In conjunction with Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum, Artika presents a selection of intimate letters that the Dutch painter sent to his brother Theo, and which included drawings, sketches of works, artistic explanations and personal experiences.
Vincent Van Gogh is our guide, as he explains his own work in this limited edition of 2,998 copies.
A large-format book, bound with aluminium front and back covers and steel rings, contains reproductions of 50 drawings taken from the artist’s letters to his brother.
The book is presented in a glass and aluminium case that allows you to display any of the book’s prints, thereby making it an innovative book-painting.
The book comes with a Study Book which contains facsimile reproductions of the 35 complete letters, printed according to their original form and presented in vellum envelopes, from which they can be removed and examined. Each letter has been translated and analysed by leading experts on the subject of Van Gogh.
STEPS PRODUCTION PROCESS
The accuracy and quality of the prints are closely and individually monitored throughout the five-colour printing process.
Each one of the facsimile prints is fixed by hand onto 250g cotton paper using three drops of glue.
During the binding process, the complete letters are individually placed in vellum envelopes.
Steel rings with dovetail links, commonly used in jewellery, are closed by hand to bind the supports of the prints together.
Skilled experts monitor the quality and results of the production process at all times.
The aluminium side sections are secured using precision spot welding, thus the piece becomes a protective frame.
- - Brushed aluminium finish
- - Lateral opening that folds out so book can be easily removed
- - Contains high-density foam insert
- - Transparent double laminated glass front
- - The back of the box features holes for hanging it vertically or horizontally
- - Size: 37 x 48 x 4 cm
- - Cover and back cover in brushed aluminium with the title of the work and the author’s name screen printed on the front
- - 50 facsimile reproductions
- - Size of support: 35 x 46 cm
- - Paper support: Old Mill Bianco de 250 g
- - Reproduction die-cut in accordance with the outline of the original
- - Paper for the reproductions: Old Mill Bianco, 100 g
- - Bound with steel rings
- - Rings secured with dovetail design
- - Number of pages: 248
- - Semi-matt coated paper, 135 g
- - Printed in five colours
- - Bound in hardback, 24 mm cover, lined with gloss coated paper, 150 g
- - Dust jacket with vellum flap
- - 35 vellum envelopes containing the complete letters
- - Facsimile reproduction of 35 letters, with a total of 65 pages and 68 pictures
- - Printed on two-sided Print Speed paper, 70 g
- - Individually die-cut, always respecting the form of the original
- - Inserted in vellum envelopes
- - Size of the envelopes: 24 x 30 cm