A homage to the engravers’ engraver and to the book of books. A unique edition of The Bible featuring engravings by Rembrandt, considered to be the engraver who succeeded in bringing the light out of shadows.
Artika, publishing in conjunction with the Rijks Museum and the Rembrandthuis (both in Amsterdam) and the Teylers Museum (in Haarlem), have produced a voluminous tome of almost 1,000 pages, with wooden covers bound in silk containing facsimile reproductions of prints the painter made during the course of his life that were inspired by The Bible.
65 prints are arranged throughout the volume, while another nine are available in a beautiful folder, suitably bound in black silk.
All the prints are numbered and bear the seal of the museum that houses the original.
The work includes a marvellous Study Book that has texts and images by experts in each field which present and explain the Dutch artist’s graphic work and the holy texts of The Bible.
The impressive box that contains this masterpiece is made from black lacquered wood. A work of precision and solidity that includes an enlarged reproduction of the great Dutch master’s signature on its cover.
A limited edition of 998 numbered copies.
- Box completely hand-made, made from wood in black lacquer
- Printed in two colours
- Box contains two inserts that hold the two books
- Inner protection ensures that the two volumes are perfectly secured
- Includes a magnifying glass to allow the reader to enjoy all the tiniest details
- Size: 64.5 x 54.5 cm
- Total weight of the piece: 26.5 kg
- Number of pages: 944
- Old Mill Avorio cotton paper (130 g) for the Bible texts, and Old Mill Bianco (100 g) for the 65 plates glued into the book
- Cover embossed in gold
- Sewn and bound by hand
- Two black silk ribbon bookmarks
- Texts printed in black, grey and gold
- Prints in three colours
- Hand-bound: cover made from wood 6 mm thick (with hand-curved bevelling on the sides) and lined in silk
- Size: 30 x 39 cm
- Book weight: 11 kg
- Cardboard lined with black silk and with a hand-glued engraving
- Closed with two silk tape ties
- Interior lined with black Geltex
- Lateral protection flaps
- Contains nine large format prints, printed in three colours on Old Mill Bianco paper, 250 g
- Size: 60 x 50 cm
- Number of pages: 248
- Semi-matt coated paper, 150 g
- Printed in four colours
- Hardback cover with round spine
- Cover lined in black silk with hand-glued reproduction of an engraving
- Size: 22 x 30 cm