The life of Benvenuto Cellini is the central thread of this unique work of art, published in conjunction with the Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, in which the painter from the Ampurdan region expresses his admiration and personal view of the Renaissance genius, in the form of 52 drawings that combine the essence of Renaissance Florence with Dalí’s characteristically inscrutable interpretations.
This exclusive book, lined with black silk, brings together the art of the great Italian city, Cellini’s texts and the breathtaking inspiration of Salvador Dalí, in the form of reproductions of his simple, descriptive line drawings depicting different figures and scenes of action, all of which spring up magically among Cellini’s entertaining, eloquent texts.
The book is fastened shut with a lovely piece of goldsmithery – the Leaf-veined hand, created by Dalí himself and reproduced in its original size, exclusively for this work.
In the Study Book, leading specialists help the reader to find out more about the work of the two artists, by situating them in their respective ages, analysing their secrets and revealing the essence of each drawing through detailed explanations of each of the prints.
This masterpiece, numbered and limited to 998 copies, comes with a beautiful gold and black case which transforms into a lectern that can be used to display and enjoy this inimitable work.
- Box lined with black cellulose material, outer cover lined with gold cellulose on support
- Cover embossed in gold and black
- Side of box slides out to form a kind of lectern to prop up the book
- Slide-out tray contains the Study Book
- Size: 49.5 x 49 cm
- Total weight of the piece: 13 kg
- Number of pages: 368
- Chromomat cotton paper by Fedrigoni, 140 g
- 52 numbered plates featuring the seal of the Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation (41 drawings and watercolours + 2 sketches + 9 preparatory drawings)
- Texts printed in black and gold
- Plates printed in four colours
- Plates hand-glued onto pages in the book previously printed in gold
- Clasp in the form of Dalí’s piece Leaf-veined hand
- Size: 35 x 37 cm
- Number of pages: 160
- Printed in four colours
- 11 photographic reproductions of works by Benvenuto Cellini
- 6 photographs of Salvador Dalí
- Covers lined in black silk
- Size: 20 x 23 cm
- Life-size reproduction of the original piece
- This piece, which is made from metal alloy and then gold-plated, is produced by the only company authorised by the Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation
- Fixed onto the cover with a double tang mounting embedded into the cardboard of the cover
- Size: 6.5 x 5.5 x 0.8 cm